Friday, September 24, 2010

Discipline

I am struggling with how to discipline my toddler...I fall somewhere between the No Spanking mentality and the every kid needs a good spank to know how to behave. Until recently a good frown and a threat of going to the corner would work in curbing my toddler from misbehaving but recently she just looks at me with a side eye and keeps on doing what she was doing.

I also find she is walking all over the nanny and even though i don't want to empower the nanny to feel she can discipline my child I need her to see her as some sort of authority figure and listen to her instructions.

At the same time I can tell and I feel I need to do something quick because she is getting smarter and smarter and is just testing my limits as often as she feels like.

No comments: